jueves, 3 de junio de 2021

How Can Your Major/Career Make the World a Better Place

I don't know if this has to do with my career, but I want to draw all my life so, I think my drawings can make the world a better place for people with mental illnesses and for the neurotypical people so that they can understand more about us.

I usually draw about how my mental illness affects me in certain ways or how my day to day is dealing with this. I try to portray a mix of my good mood and my bad mood, I also depict very important issues like hurting yourself.

Because yeah, it is a bad thing to do, but it happens. People with mental illnesses, like me, pull out their hair, beat themselves, cut themselves during depressive crisis, and that is something that people don't talk about! People think it's a call out for attention and sees this in a very despective way and I think is not the way we should talk about this.

People with depressive episodes, believe me, they don't think about attention when they hurt themselves, they just want to feel fiscal pain so they don't feel the mental pain.

I want to deliver all these topics in my art and I think that it is a very safe space for all of the people with mental illnesses and for the neourotypical people to understand a lot of things about us.

We are not monsters, or bad people, we are just people with an illness. And we are trying to live with it, so I'm going to make people care more about this with my art. I'm gonna make people stop shaming us for being different or having an illness.

This is a draw of mine about it. I censored because has a bad word ! haha 





2 comentarios:

  1. The message you convey is so powerful, you really convey it in your art, I can feel it.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. wow, what an amazing drawing, and I agree with you about mental illness :(

    ResponderEliminar

Change to my study program

Change to my study program.   A change that I would do to my study program, is the old mentality of teaching art. Because I feel like some t...